I suggest you ...

Just signed up and getting this message "It looks like you exceeded the number of allowed emails. Please try again later." pls advise .

It is frustrating since need communicate a lot with someone and just signed up. If I am time limited please,give directions so can plan number of emails a day can send and tell me if this is just restriction for new accounts.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

You will receive this message if our anti-spam algorithms have picked up on your account for sending out spam. Our algorithms depend on various factors to protect Tutanota from being abused by spammers.

We improve our anti-spam algorithms continuously. If your account has been picked up by accident, please let us know your account name via email so that we can improve our algorithms.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found the problem (at least for me)
        your algorithm doesn't like tor. very unusual for a service that puts security in the first place of priorities. protonmail, a very similar one, doesn't have this problem, and has even an onion address to access to the service. could you please update your spam algorithm? this could be a serious problem. thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there something currently really wrong with your service?
        I cannot send out even one email ! Please take me off your spam list if that is the reason. I cannot email you so I hope you read this here and fix it.

• Jan Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just signed up. I want to send non-confidental e-mail but it says limit exceeded. I have sent 0 e-mails yet.

This is ridiculous.Just signed up and sent 6 emails and got the you exceeded the number of emails. I had a different account with Tutanota and forgot password so I had to create a new one...The other one gave me that message only twice in all the time had the account and I could send a bunch of emails. what is going on here ? I should be able to send more than 6 emails a day? All I'd like to do is let my old contacts know I have a new email address.

Similar issues to earlier posters. Nowhere near 40 addressee limit per day. Not spamming, not a business user. Must all Tutanota users pay to become Premium? "Bitte, was ist los?"

I only have 3 people in my contacts list and just got this message. What’s the point of having this email if you are going to extort money to switch to paid membership? And why not be upfront about the limits.

Literally, wanted to forward an email from a single sender to another single account. It’s messed up

Hi This is Hghking
        I am having the same difficulty with "It looks like you exceeded the number of allowed emails. Please try again later."
        OK.
        I want to go for premium. We do not have paypal service in Turkey
        I tried to make payment from my credid card several times but all it was not successfull
        I dont understand this
        I have other paid account so ut says This card is used. Yes ofcoursse its used. So I m using for a second time but syysem dont accept
        Pls advise me what to do
        I send mails to you
        But I did not get any reply

I wanto pay bitcoin is it OK

Pls help me
        Thank you

I just opened my Tutanota account and am only currently communicating with one individual and just received the message "it looks like you exceeded the number of allowed emails. Please try again later" when I attempted to reply to an email.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue?

I ran into this message after four recipients. I was trying to use tutanota for whistle-blowing. While I have no problem with contributing to tutanota if it is useful, however, I don't want my payment information associated with the account. Having such an aggressive anti-spam system and no method to flag the account for re-review makes the service useless. My other day to day email does not require additional privacy features.

• Ubitu Marov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I have only 9 contacts in total, there was a problem to send there 9 mails, now I'm unable even to respond. Getting "It looks like you exceeded the number of allowed emails."

Also having this problem, I am not a user and have actively been using Tutanota for about a year before having this problem. Very frustrating. I can't even reply to people that have written TO me, which clearly isn't spam.

• Anonymous Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Admin support should be a bit more upfront on these limits. I already decided to switch over from Gmail, and told my contacts BEFORE I was clearly, openly informed about these limits. I fully planed on upgrading for 12 euros (in two weeks) before I knew about the outbound limits. It's VERY annoying because of CC's among a small group, and the fact I need it for contact work. Now I am left very disgruntled until I am able to pay next month; which I would have gladly done anyways to show support, and get more aliases options.

• Tamat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i didnt sen did not use email for two days. Today I wanted to send an urgent email and received such a message. What's the matter?

Hi,

I've only sent out one or two emails a today, but I'm still getting this message.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base