I suggest you ...

Tuta sounds like I'm tooting.

Is there another handle we can use instead of tutanota? I get the Latin origins, and I like the product, but if you're wondering why North America is your smallest market and a less feature filled project like Proton is more popular, it's because very few people want the domain name that reminds them of farting. It sounds goofy in English IMO. Even tmail or something would be better. I think you need more domain options than the ones listed.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Noname shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Dickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm North American, and never in my wildest imagination would I have associated the word Tutanota with farting.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way exorcists in the Catholic Church teach that the devil and his demons hate latin!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the Latin. I'm a Catholic and learning latin on my own because its the language of the Church. Its the reason I may be staying with Tutanota. Bring Latin Back!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tough shit if Americans can't handle Latin; move to Protonmail, if you'd like to join the queue; I suspect the company don't really care about limited take-up in the USA

• Antonello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not believe that this could be a serious concern for anybody... but thinking about it (and the 24 votes up till now!) I must admit that for some people on the other side of the Atlantic probably it really is ("Oh, how hard is life! People I know are looking at me all day long, judging also the thread of my shirt buttons... At the end, even Manhattan is just a big small town!..." A.N.Y.).

Anyway, as stated before by Todd:
    "Become a premium member, get a domain and use your own domain."
    What's better?

• Iknowmyname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny to read people bragging about their "thinking" to be at the center of the World when Universe is Huge and we are nothing. Learn other languages and history before telling someone USA and American are at the center of the World... with all the respect, grow up.

Keep tutanota.

• D. Oremi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, that's silly. I think it's fine just the way it is. My English speaking mind didn't even go there.

Feedback and Knowledge Base