I suggest you ...

Lifetime Tutanota membership: One off payment

To permanently upgrade to premium via one-off payment:

1. Increase in funds would kick-start developement.

2. People waiting to for features (calendar, csv contacts import, search) would support this.

223 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aloz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Yes to Tutanota lifetime accounts availability" but not to be easily available on the official tutanota prizing page, but through websites like stacksocial and others via web searching/researching promo links, and add a redemption/promo code box to the official tutanota checkout page for entering such codes.

• Charlie Barley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just prefer not to have yet another recurring charge (which would demonstrate my ongoing relationship with an encrypted email operation). I'm not worried about the service going belly-up -- it shouldn't, but if it does... how much am I out? Makes life simpler to buy it once and be done with it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least 10 years subscription. Seriously the only reason why I'm on free version is because there's no 10 year subscription. Make it promotional $100 and people will pay.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think lifetime memberships work. I've been burned before. They provide immediate money to the company, but then the company will have less long term revenue to look forward too. Now, if you want to offer 5 year memberships (typical lifespan of a computer), that would work as long as it is offered for a limited time. Ultimately, I have to vote no on this one.

• Robbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this proposal. This can be a promotion during Black Friday and will bring a good amount of funds for Tutanota to implement new features. Many people would purchase a lifetime account with the largest storage, unlimited messages sending per day, multi-user support, and multiple aliases that will never be terminated due to inactivity and is transferable to new owners.

Feedback and Knowledge Base