I suggest you ...

Allow creation of subfolders

Currently only a single level of folders can be created. Collapsible sub-folders are virtually a necessity to keep e-mail well organized over a long period. Allowing the creation of subfolders ensures that users can manage their e-mails in a well organized fashion.

407 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Samir Jadhav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Organising multiple folders is a requirement. Usually resolved by Sub folders or Labels. Please take this up on priority. Thanks

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub folders would be great... but "collapsible" sub folders is what would be really great. Until the latter is available, I have simply named my folders in a manner that they appear alphabetically in the proper order, with the "top level" folder (or what would be if it could exist) being the same name all the way down, separated by a " - " and then what would be the subfolder name. This makes the listing the same as how I would want it.. but without the collapsability which is the big benefit in my view.

• A Nonno mess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be very helpful to have folders. I don't know what this entails, but it is very helpful. Still, great service regardless, and thanks team!

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will definitely start using Tutanota once they have implemented subfolders.

• Test commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this one, even if only 2 or 3 deep. For example, an Orders folder is ok but soon fills up, an Orders folder with a Amazon sub folder for example is much handier.

+1 for this

• rm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, in the beta they're messed up now, because the folders are a separate thing. I liked it when you could have folders in the "Archive", "Sent" etc. folders.

• larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create nested sub-folders would certainly enhance users' organizational control of emails. Seems like an obvious upgrade to implement. Perhaps, it is technically difficult or costly resource-wise, only sub-folders of 2 or 3 levels might be allowed. That would still be a great improvement imhop.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now have nearly 130 folders for storing emails. It's becoming increasingly difficult to manage them. PLEASE PLEASE will you implement subfolders (but NOT labels like gmail). Thanks a lot!

• MetalSafe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either Sub-Folders or Labels as in GMail
        ===============================

Why to go with Folders when the same could be reached with more flexibility and easier implementation by using Labels instead as introduced by GMail?

Unlimitted Labels and unlimited Sub-Labels per each E-Mail.

Any update? I think if you guys want Tuta to be a go to email client this is a must have feature and shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

Totally agreed! Too many folders = too much scrolling. Sub-folders get rid of this problem.

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very Important. If you don't support desktop clients, atleast make the webinterface sortable.

I agree that subfolders are a necessity to keep e-mail well organized. I will sign up for a Premium account as soon as this feature is added.

• ChrisA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can create folders in the web app already. Maybe you are referring to the iPhone app which doesn't seem to support the folders I have using web client.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a system with not just main folders, but sub-folders, just like Gmail and Outlook has. This would make organizing so much easier!
        Thanks in advance

Feedback and Knowledge Base