I suggest you ...

Show unread counters for folders

Folders should show a count of unread messages, so unread messages routed to folders by rules can be seen.
The drafts folder should also show a count of unsent drafts.

564 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Hernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • t0dd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer not to check 20 folders for new email several times a day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is really valuable/useful. On my old 1&1 mail account, if messages are filtered in to a folder on arrival, a number is added next to the folder, to indicate that a new message is there. On Tutanota, though many features are better, this does not occur. This means I have to search through every folder for new mail every time I log in.

• alx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app is a pain to use without this. Every time I get a new email notification I have to look through all my folders to see where the new mail actually is. Please provide an update on this.

• Eero Kokko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened with this suggestion? Im pretty sure I already tried to vote this in May and it said you can't upvote because it's already accepted, but here it still is?

Thought of upgrading so i could set rules and have a domain, but won't do it until this is sorted out, as it's an only deal breaker until now.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked this wasn't a feature. Perhaps I'm using it wrong but what is the point of being able to direct certain (unread) emails straight to the correct category such as "Work" if doing so means you'll have to play hide and seek with your unread mail through all your folders trying to figure out who emailed you because Tutanota does not show email info in their notifications obviously.

Extremely powerful organisational tool that probably took a bit of work to do being completely bottlenecked by such a tiny thing.. Right now the only use I can think of for directing mail of certain users is to manage spam from senders that won't stop or something which is a shame but as I say perhaps I'm using the feature wrong.

• Uwe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Names of folders that contain unread messages should also be displayed in bold font. This makes it easier to spot those folders, even when they have rather long names.

• Yield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Each time I get notified about a new email I have to search all folders to find the new email"
    Which gets harder if you postpone an email for later reading so it could also be awesome to have a "Show unread only" option.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the counter should show all emails in a folder, read and unread. I would like to know how many are in the sent and drafts folders, for example, as well as read and unread in the inbox folder.

• 5blindedeyesx5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent Idea... Most all other competent email providers have had this for years...
    Don't waste time waiting for Votes; this is essential to keep up with the Overwhelming competition
    LOL!!! How about tomorrow... Your subscribers will love it....

This is a very important feature.

Each time I get notified about a new email I have to search all folders to find the new email

• tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Folders should show a count of unread messages"...agreed.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base