I suggest you ...

Show unread counters for folders

Folders should show a count of unread messages, so unread messages routed to folders by rules can be seen.
The drafts folder should also show a count of unsent drafts.

558 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason Hernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Machiavelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I get an email I have no idea which folder it is in. Could you please add some sort of notification next to a folder that has unread emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Admin said it would be implemented after search is done. Isn't the search feature already available?
        I have multiple folders and without seeing the don't I have no way of knowing if a new mail has arrived.

I'd love to see counters appearing on the mobile app. That way I can quickly glance at the app icon to see if there are new emails, instead of opening up the app (which can take 10 seconds).

• Klungelkopf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, noticed this too. An inbox without a new mail counter... Not sure thought whether this is a omission or feature...

• Maya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "old version" Tuta GUI had this, the revamped GUI does not. Kind of silly, an email GUI that doesn't show the number of new/ unread emails. And maybe even sillier, the fact that Tuta mentioned it "will be implemented" in September 2017. It's now February 2018. There is no "new mail" counter...

I agree this would be a priority right now for ALL folders (including SPAM). And the way it should be displayed is (unread_mails/total_mails) in each folder. Example: Inbox (12/150); where 150 is the total amount of emails in that specific folder and 12 is the number of UNREAD emails in that folder.
        thank you.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! And please make SURE to include the Spam folder in this. I had a situation similar to the fellow who lost a job because of this missing feature.

Are there any plans to add this feature in the next version? As stated below, this is a must.

• j.l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked for an unread counter for inbox and spam folders as well, not only the folders created by the user to which rules apply. Didn't see it mentioned here but I guess it's obvious.
        I lost a job because of this.
        What are you waiting for ? Seriously ? It better be in the next version, because a dark theme is useless, an unread counter is, as said before, a matter of survival.

• If I may commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, this is fundamental. As has already been so well stated ... what is the point of folders if you cannot determine where the unread emails are located? As a new premium and additional alias purchaser, I too have set up folders,rules,aliases and just begun switching email from other services to Tutanota, only to learn about this issue. I don't mind supporting Tutanota as it is a very recent email service. Development requires much time and money, but one would hope this matter is high on the list of priorities.

• Vlad Cozma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for a reply. Is it going to be analyzed? It is very inconvenient browsing all folders to check for new items.

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Over the last two months I've begun using Tutanota as my primary email. My bills, school, work, etc.

Then I find out, after setting up folders and email rules, the only way to find an email that's been sent to a folder is to open every folder, one by one, and look for the new email.

This lack of a folder notification is very low end quality and a most glaring example of ignoring a basic necessity.

30 folders. An email comes in. Rule places email in folder. You open to check mail. Then are forced to check one folder after another folder after another. Ah, but when that email came in, so did one from the bank letting you know a change in your mortgage rate. But since you only saw the one push notification, and you found a new email in your electric bill folder, you didn't check every other folder to ensure there wasn't a new email in one of them as well.

Literally, every email push that comes, without a folder count, you will have to check every folder you've created.

For now, the only answer is to delete all forward to folder rules so an email cannot be missed.

• Silph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why this isn't added yet with 240 votes, but I think it really needs to be included as a majority of tutanota premium users use folders to organise their mails.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a year since this has been posted. Why has there been no response from Tutanota on this? Clearly this is something that a large number of tutanota users would like to see added.

• t0dd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer not to check 20 folders for new email several times a day.

I think this is really valuable/useful. On my old 1&1 mail account, if messages are filtered in to a folder on arrival, a number is added next to the folder, to indicate that a new message is there. On Tutanota, though many features are better, this does not occur. This means I have to search through every folder for new mail every time I log in.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base