I suggest you ...

Aliases for free. Current pricing strategy is terrible.

It makes no sense that premium accounts are limited to 5 aliases. Storage costs, and therefore needs to be charged to the user. Email volume costs in terms of bandwidth, and therefore might need to be charged to the user when it goes overbound.

But aliases? 1 euro for 5 aliases? This is a terrible pricing policy. Using multiple aliases is a good way to track and fight spam and give a lot of freedom to users and it costs nothing for Tutanota other than 1 line in some configuration file.

Please allow premium users to have aliases for free. Put a high limit, say 1000 if you want. It costs you nothing and no one is going to pay them at 20 cents anyway.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) responded  · 

Sorry, but we can not offer aliases for free. Even if they do not result in direct costs, they still reduce the available email addresses of the Tutanota domains. Additionally, you can now upgrade to alias packages which are cheaper per alias. If you have your own domain you can even use catch-all for free.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ole Tange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a compromise would be using email address extensions like Postfix?

foo+bar@example.com is delivered to the mailbox 'foo' with information of the extension 'bar'. No need to create the alias 'foo+bar': all addresses starting with 'foo+' will be delivered to the mailbox 'foo'.

This way you have infinite amount of aliases with a single main mailbox.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the amazing service Tutanota is offering, €1/month for 5 aliases is a bargain.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely. I'd even be fine with paying a sizable premium for unlimited aliases, but paying incrementally per 5 aliases is pretty ridiculous.

I currently don't bother with the alias feature, because if I was going to use it, I would want quite a bit more than 5.

Feedback and Knowledge Base