I suggest you ...

Can you PLEASE make Tutanota faster. My lord, is it slow.

Tutanota has become too slow for me to continue using it. It is burdensomely slow. Is there anything you can do about this.

I would sacrifice some security to make it faster. There's a reason that Rijndael was selected as the AES from among many other equally secure cyphers.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to implement offline availability which will increase speed a lot.

For now, please use our brand-new beta client as it is already much faster: https://mail.tutanota.com/

Do you like this improvement? Please support our development team by upgrading to Premium for only 1 Euro per month! (The upgrade process currently only works in the old client.) Thank you very much. :)

Please find more details about our completely rebuilt secure email client on our blog: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/secure-mail-public-beta-release

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jamesT: Actually, Tutanota has become much faster since we released the new client.

Deleting trash is running in the background on purpose as this might take some time (especially if you have tens of thousands of mails in your trash).

May I ask you to contact us at hello@tutao.de and provide a few more details:
    * Which Client and which OS/Browser and version are you using?
    * Which actions are taking long?

Thanks in advance!

• jamesT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, it has been very slow lately and frustrating to say the least. I can not even delete my trash folder, with out it not doing it. I also noticed that some of my mail has been showing up in the Spam folder that would ordinarily not go there.
    I am trying to get away from gmail, and the google hive, and this is not helping.

• Why? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The policy that mandates a 48 hour waiting period while you do, what exactly?...to obstruct bots and spam...only resulted in me then setting up a proton mail acct. Which, after 48 hours I'll likely be familiar enough with to lose any interest in your service....not exactly a sound business policy ...

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, its the only reason I can't sign up to premium if the opening speeds are this slow, ill have to go elsewhere

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im trying to decide on which secure email service to subscribe to. I'd like to choose Tutanota but the android app takes so long to open. I just tested - it took 14 secs to open app and get to the inbox, proton mail takes 3 seconds. Is there anything in the pipeline to seriously improve the app opening time?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just sat here looking at litle circles going round on the screen . . . I liked the concept of Tutanota but it is unusably slow.

• AnotherAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your service is not usable like this. It is so slow to load the inbox and it often times out with no error message being presented. I have to kill the iOS app and start the load process again. If it does load it takes about five minutes to open inbox the page.

• AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Anonymous,

we're using Tutanota every day, and our inboxes never loads that long - it's actually pretty fast...

Please make sure to use a supported browser:
    https://tutanota.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/470737-which-browsers-does-tutanota-support

If that doesn't help, please send a request to support@tutao.de providing details of your problem and we'll be glad to assist.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been a year since this was posted but god the email's so slow that inbox is loading for a whole 5 minutes and nothing is even loading. I'm actually convinced that it's not even loading anymore.

• Whitfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Tutanota is slow, and seems to be getting slower. I use it on several different devices and with different browsers and OS.

I don't mind so much myself, but people I am sending to are complaining that they have to wait too long to log in, so are just not reading my messages.

• greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Keith Lemon

I use other webmail services at work etc and none of them have the slowness I have described. This led me to believe it is a problem at Tutanota end.

Keith, if you have any ideas on how my end could be causing it, please advise. I have tried Tutanota from different computers though and it's always the same "slowness."

• Keith Lemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's be honest - are you ABSOLUTELY sure these speed complaints are located on the Tutanota side of things? I mean, I'm here, over wifi on a ≤ 1 Mbps connection, on a 10 year old netbook with 512 RAM it's still quick. When I compare it to Gmail and Hotmail log ins and accounts, Tutanota is even quicker...

• tobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

vielleicht sollte man die größe der kasten nicht per javascript berechnen sondern über vw und % angaben einstellen. Das währe beim laden und vergrößern/verkleinern perfomanter

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base