General

1. Signups from same IP

Apparently Tutnota has an issue with multiple signups from the same IP address.

I advise all my students to create a tutanota account. If you guys are business-wise you'd now that was just promoting your service free of charge.

Unfortunately, your system flags accounts as "abuse" if 4 or 5 of my students create an account from the same IP address here in the classroom.

Not very smart in my opinion. But what do I know, I'm just promoting your service without charging you an advertising fee.

You guys are gonna have to smarten up if your service is ever…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestions. We use different measures to avoid abusive registrations, one of them is a limitation depending on the IP address. Additionally, these measures might change over time. We appreciate that you promote Tutanota. If you have a static IP address for your students, please provide it to us (https://tutanota.com/contact), so we can whitelist it.

2. Full customization of mobile app notification

Have full notification settings with icon on/off, sound on/off, number of times sound is played (from once to looping forever, and several different numbers of times in between), and choice of sound from existing sound files on the phone (we love to customize!).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app that will work on all Windows devices from phones to desktops

You already have an Android and iOS app but I would really like a Windows app. Not a standalone program but an actual app in the Windows Store that would be compatible with Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows RT and Windows Phone. Don't get me wrong the web interface is great but a dedicated app for Windows would be even better.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a "mark as unread" option in the email window

Although this idea is already posted, it does not explain the utility of it: if one has no time to reply to an email, or does not have the necessary privacy in case he was to disclose sensitive information, or even when he's not inspired at that moment, which can happen to us all; opening an email can then become a fatal mistake as you risk having it buried under tons of others and never replying or replying too late.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multifactor authentication support via Yubikey (the perfect secure & dumb solution)

Multi-factor authentication support with the Yubikey. Yubikey would be perfect for this job. It supports a wide array of OTP protocols, as well as static passwords (both of which are typed out via its built in virtual keyboard). Yubikey has got space for both of them at the same time (has got 2 configuration slots to remember two things). So you could enter your account with 1 key if you'd want to, while not compromising (actually vastly increasing) on security, and barely (if at all) compromising on convenience.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let the user create a recovery password

...and an option to delete the password when we log out.

The suggestion is basically to add the option to create two passwords.

One may be used for recovery while the other is used on a daily basis. A benefit of this is that you can change the password as often as you like without worrying about changing the recovery password.

This also gives us an opportunity to add a "delete password" option. You may have to log in from a public PC in a hotel or a library and you know there could be a keylogger. When you log…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Encrypted Cloud Backup

Having encrypted cloud backup would be nice. Cloud backup is backing up your files to a server. Maybe have it consume the total amount of space your emails use or something

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Offer a cheaper version of the outlook package for home users

I really like what Tutanota is trying to do but am having some practical problems moving over entirely. Linking it with Outlook would make a big difference, but I can't justify the business-focussed cost structure and would prefer a home user oriented option.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For organizations: shared contact groups

Organizations communicate normally with mail lists. But if you use Tutanota - mail today will then have to be delivered unencrypted or via shard password.

Best solution would be have shared contact groups in (with possibility to send to the whole group) in Tutanota and use that instead of maillists.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A problem started yesterday when after I login I can't access the inbox, sent and spam folder this is happening under the iOS app and +

A problem started yesterday when after I login I can't access the inbox, sent and spam folder this is happening under the iOS app and any other browser
    Could this be fixed urgently please

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications via e-mail, text messages, etcetera...when a new message arrives in the inbox.

A way to be notified via e-mail, text messages, etcetera...when a message arrives in the inbox.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pop3 please.

Web browser are inhernetly insecure i would never use web mail when security is priority.
    I saw a response to a previous request for pop3 claiming Pop3 does not support end to end encryption. That is patently untrue. Pop3 and SMTP support TLS v1.2 with the same level of encryption as web browsers do.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just like Jason mentioned, POP3 does not support end-to-end encryption. However, we will definitely integrate Tutanota into all major mail clients in future. But this will probably take some years…

Jason: Thank you for the detailed explanation!

14. Hey Y'all, How about adding a search tool for the emails?

Finding buried emails in tuta is torture.

So much so that I'm considering switching to another service.

I hope this can be added soon, tnx.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. External IMAP/POP3 connection

Would be very nice if Tutanota supported IMAP/POP3 desktop software such as Thunderbird, ClawsMail, eM Client and others

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the possibility to backup mails (in eml)

It would be nice to have a possibility to save offline our mail, imagine if the same thing that LavaBit happen to you. We are fu****.
    Permit the backup (in eml for easy import to roundcube for exemple) is a nice feature to protect us from downtime.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wrong rendering of accented characters

Unfortunately accented polish characters are rendered incorrectly in Web version and on iPhone also. It seems as accented characters were rendered with different font.

http://imgur.com/SReQicq

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the account owner to give permission to recycle the account if the owner deletes it

Tutanota's FAQ states that deleted accounts are not recycled for security reasons:
    https://tutanota.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/547633-do-you-delete-inactive-accounts-recycle-email-ad

Without recycling, reasonable-length usernames will inevitably run out. If the owner determines it is okay to recycle their account, allow them to give permission. Default to "don't recycle" of course, but offer recycling for users experimenting with features or not anticipating eternal patronage. Allow those usernames to be freed for new users as long as the owner grants permission.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great to add an e-mail client feature so that tutanota could fetch e-mails from other accounts (pop and imap)

It would be great to add an e-mail client feature so that tutanota could fetch e-mails from my other pop/imap accounts. This would add comfort to work with all e-mail from one place and have them securely stored at the same time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tutanota bridge app for mailclients (like Protonmail Bridge)

lots of people use mailclients, which use SMTP/IMAP/POP for accessing mails, which can not be natively supported by end-to-end encrypted mail services, protonmail has provided their users with a solution to this problem with the recent release of the protonmail bridge app for Linux/Mac/WIndows. and i would really like it if Tutanota would release something similar so everyone can keep usiong their prefered mailclients with TutaNota

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

An adapter/bridge wouldn’t be a lot of work but we decided not to implement it for various reasons:
    1. All mails are stored unencrypted on the devices of the users when you use an adapter/bridge
    2. Without a decent mail client plugin, there is no way for a user to know if his messages will be sent end-to-end-encrypted or not

Both of these reasons are absolute no-gos for a secure mail service like tutanota.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base