General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Password Reset

Privacy is important, but also usability. Password loss is very common. Even the most careful person can get his/her password lost or stolen, for all kinds of reasons. Without a password reset system, he/she would lose all his/her emails, twitter account, facebook account, paypal account, etc. That's a serious problem, isn't it?

I believe you can figure out a way to reset the password without compromising privacy and security. Please consider it.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Release inactive email addresses

Accounts that have been inactive for 12 months should be released.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Domains

No offense, but all the tuta* variations and keemail.me don't seem really appealing to me. I think you do a wonderful work and I'd even consider paying for your service, but the names aren't at all appealing... Something more low-profile, maybe shorter could attract more people without requiring the users to create a custom domain.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Security notes extension/phone/desktop app

Desctop/online/phone App/extension that allows you to safe instantly by selecting necessary piece of text and hitting right mouse or keyboard shortcut. It will safe it to notes. U can preset an option where it will ask u which notebook/note to safe ot into if you wanna match style or select one. IF automatic upload selected or creates a note with a dare inside of which it will be collecting all info from that date in a form of tree/ plan. Time-where note came from/any other useful log/statistic info. Tag is created automatically and If not changed says date #01.01.2015_note#1.0, 1.1,…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Whitelist for trusted users so they can send more than 100 E-Mails per day / Blacklist for bots

This idea refers to the limitation to 100 mails per day to prevent spamming introduced here: https://tutanota.de/blog/posts/release-notes-1-9-6

A way to write more than 100 mails per day is to become a premium user, but I also would like to have a way to put free users who are asking on a white list.

Also one could try to recognize, whether an account sends an impossible high amount of mails in a short time frame to identify it as a bot and put it on a (temporal?) blacklist blocking all outgoing mails. If it is not a bot the user can…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add multi-folder tree

I would like to have a multi-folder tree. And not just 1 sub-folder, I would like sub-folders inside sub-folders inside more sub-folders etc, Example:

INBOX
    - Personal
    -- Family
    -- Friends
    - Accounts
    -- Bank
    -- Cloud Storage
    -- Misc
    --- Apple
    - Work
    -- Boss
    -- Other Employees

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add DKIM and DMARC support for custom domains

DKIM prevents spammers and criminals from spoofing emails from my custom domain. Without DKIM it's easy for anybody to fake an email so that it looks like the message comes from me.

Spoofing lowers my domain reputation and it means genuine mail sent by me and other Tutanota users (through your servers) is marked as Spam/Fraudulent by Google and Microsoft.

Please implement this as soon as possible. You use it on the free Tutanota domain - think about your premium customers who use this for business purposes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. alias

you should offer at least one alias adress for free users, in order to fight spam mail.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. delete, change an aliase

Not only the function "deaktivate" aliase, to have the possibility to delete an aliase adresse to create a new one, but not by loosing an aliase-adresse-place (just 5 aliase) for such an action.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Deactivated aliases will still count for the 5 alias limit in case of Tutanota domains. Custom domain aliases can already be deleted.
    Apart from that it will soon be possible to buy additional aliases. This is tracked in a different feature request.

10. Add support for the Android Tutanota app to be selected as default mail client.

It would be easier to contact people and organisations if files and addresses were linked to the app similar to other mail clients

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Again, delete and alias and reclaim slot for which we continue to pay. Please don't keep declining this!

The ability - as many other people have obviously suggested - to delete an alias and recover that slot. Since users must pay every month for Premium service, they should be able to have 5 alias slots available to them every month. Provide a 30-day delay if needed to prevent abuse, but making people pay for aliases that, one deleted, can never be used or re-used (but for which we must keep paying every month over and over and over again) is unfair, and motivates people away from the Premium service.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default mailto: links to tutanota.com

Is it possible to make tutanota default mailto: client on firefox for mac?
    I can see how to do so for gmail (https://mail.google.com/mail/?extsrc=mailto&url=%s) and yahoo (https://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?To=%s) but no way to add other, custom address(es).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Aliases using “+” or "."

Could you add aliases using "+": myadress+exemple@mydomain.com

And using ".": myadress@mydomain.com and an exemple of alias : m.y.a.d.r.e.s.s@mydomain.com

Thanks !

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Great service I support and am a premium user --could you encrypt meta data?

Great service I support and am a premium user --could you encrypt meta data aswell ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Note taking

I'd love a little sub-area for taking notes. Especially on mobile, since most note taking apps on android want too many permissions. Just if you guys have time for this, nothing fancy required here.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Beyond Basics

Add the search feature please. We need to search for things quickly. It is easier than scrolling through the emails. We want automatic encryption without sending passwords via mouth. If possible at all.

We want warnings of potential hackerage.

Also a highlight feature or flag.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. support local encrypted backup

things happen. And some emails are important.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. App for Blackberry & WP

A native app for Blackberry 10 and Windows Phone!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recovery email

Allow us to add a recovery email, and not just the moment that i'm creating the account! This is very important to have. I've spent like an hour looking for this feature, thinking i must be missing it somewhere. Seems we only get ONE opportunity. Geez...

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Host your own tutanota server

Allow for hosting and deploying own tutanota server to work with current clients. So we can use our storage, bandwidth for mailboxes

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The Tutanota backend consists of a large distributed database, mail server, security measures and much more. Regular maintenance and updates have to be done. If everyone did this on their own, Tutanota would not be as reliable and secure any more, so there is no plan to prepare hosting own Tutanota servers.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base