General

1. Pack to 5 emails

Hi and thanks to your work and feedbacks to all.
    I pay my first email today and I'm very happy because I contribute to Tutanota.
    I have others mail in Tutanota, about 4 emails and I hope to pay too.
    Is it possible to have a pack to 5 users (to example) with a good price, to 4€/months (to example) ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When download multiple files with "Save all", Tutanota should compress all attachments

Save all should create a file with all your attachments in a .zip file instead of 20 separate downloads. Most times the browser will freeze upon clicking save all because the site sends like dozens of download requests at once.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. fix login/logout process for Android app

After I log out on Android, login screen shows my email address and Tutanota opens to my inbox when I click on it. This defeats security and opens my account to anyone who gets hold of my phone.
    Please correct this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow your customers to contact you.

Hi, I can not access my two emails which I had had for years. I use the correct passwords and logins. When I tried to use Lost account access your system asks a recovery code. The problem is that I had never received this code. I opened my emails several years ago when your service just started and at that time you didn't send me any Recovery Codes... How can I contact you to recover my email access? My idea is that you post a phone number or an email on your website to allow your customers to contact you…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better inbox managing

The inbox rules were a big step forward, but the folders need improvement. When I get a notification for a new mail, I always need to check every single folder to find it.
    So, I have the following suggestions:
    - display in notification which folders have new mails
    - display in app the number of new mails near the folder name, or just make it with a different color or something until you first tap on it

Thank you, I'm glad that I bought premium!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import contacts through 4.0 VFC format

Your import is based on 3.0 version of VCF format. Plz upgrade to 4.0, which is the version used by many contacts exporter in other clients (like Protonmail for instance).
    Ok: I can edit the .vcf file and replace all "Version:4.0" by "Version:3.0", but this just a bypass

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improved Managing in Free Account

It has been interesting to follow the development of Tutanota and I have been using a free account for about a year now, where I've been trying to achieve the goal to replace Google Mail.

That said, during this period I have come to the experience that the free account seems to be missing a bit more functionality before it makes a good replacement of Google Mail. These features are as following:

- Folder hierarchy enabled

- Search query should be indexed for latest year instead of last month and it should be possible to manually set which year while…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Desktop layout

Perhaps an option to move the bars between the catagories ,email headlines and the email preview tab , and a option to change the font to be bigger or smaller or its stile to make it more accessible. A indicator at the bottem left stateing how much space you have left would also be handy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More flexible layout

There are many ideas from co-users that ask for a more flexible layout.

Summarizing them users want to be able to:

1. rearrange the separate areas (The area where you have the sender/recipient and the title, The area where you read the actual mail
    2. Being able to shrink or enlarge each of the above areas by clicking and dragging the borders of each.
    3. Offering 2 different layout styles. Vertical or Wide view.

All the above are requested for web interface, desktop app and Android app also.

As this request has been made by many users expressed though in…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color for folders

Add an option to give a folder a color.

Every folder has the same color. Tutanota looks and feels great, but with gmail and protonmail you can work with color label and folders.

For my business it is great to put the same type of clients in different folders with the same color. Would be very helpfull!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Desktop app layout with more display options

For the desktop client, please change the layout. The whole reason to have a desktop app is to have more flexibility and power than a web app or phone app, but it looks exactly the same. It would be nice to be able to sort your inbox by subject, sender, time, etc. like in Outlook.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DSN (Delivery Status Notifications) - according to IETF.org RFC5337

Please implement the IETF standard according to RFC5337 (and others) for DSNs (Delivery Status Notifications).

It enables us to have a proof of delivered emails in any case, which is very useful in technical diffucult and legal and other cases.

Posteo.de and other services have implemented it already very successful. Please do so as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable IMAP/POP3 for alternative email services in the desktop client.

I understand that you have reasons for not allowing IMAP/POP3 for Tutanota, probably good security reasons.

How about enabling us to add other email accounts (e.g. GMail) for the desktop clients instead? This will allow us to switch to using Tutanota's desktop client as our daily email driver.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automated email to calendar interface. Google does it Gmail to Google Calendar. Apple does it Mail App to Apple Calendar.

Google does it, Gmail to Google Calendar. Apple does it, Mail App to Apple Calendar. You could do it to your own calendar app or the Google or Apple Calendar app. Make it work on the iPad please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desktop Client System Tray

Please give us an option in the desktop client to minimise it to the system tray in order to keep it out of the way while still being open.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why does Tutanota uppercase my name when I'm signed in to my account?

Why does Tutanota uppercase my name when I'm signed in to my account? My name is My Name, not MY NAME; there is a difference. They can refer to separate entities. Please explain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please release a new phone

I need a private phone, as all of my phones today have been hacked. Need this desperately. Secure enough to avoid foreign powers working with google to view my radio habits or freedom of religion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send Again

"I think one of the most underappreciated features of Apple Mail is the “Send Again” command ... Why is this useful, you may ask? Well, it’s a handy way to pass along an email that you’ve already sent without doing a lot of cleanup. I’m sure you’ve noticed that when you forward a message, it by default puts header information in the body of the email and quotes the original text in a different color. When you use “Send Again,” though, it re-creates the message without headers or adding new quote levels. " (from macobserver.com)

I really miss this. If…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. External Identity

There is a _plethora_ of standards for implementing third-party identity management that is *quite* at home in the hosted services ecosystem. However, Tutanota has implemented none of them, including:

- SAML 2.0
    - LDAP/AD
    - OAuth

Which means that systems administrators for serious organizations will refuse to consider Tutanota as a viable alternative to any reputable hosted email provider.

Please consider allowing external authentication to your services!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the interface and workflow more explicit, in order to prevent loss of recovery code

I have set a recovery code, and I wanted to check whether one may unset it. Meaning, going back to no recovery code at all. Unless I'm mistaken, this information is not given anywhere.

So I clicked on the Edit icon of Recovery code. A dialog box appeared, with two options : Show, and Update.

So I clicked on Update. You need to give your password, then you get another box with your recovery code. There's no real choice for you there. You can either Copy it (I don't need to, it's already in my password manager), Print it, or…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base