General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improved Managing in Free Account

It has been interesting to follow the development of Tutanota and I have been using a free account for about a year now, where I've been trying to achieve the goal to replace Google Mail.

That said, during this period I have come to the experience that the free account seems to be missing a bit more functionality before it makes a good replacement of Google Mail. These features are as following:

- Folder hierarchy enabled

- Search query should be indexed for latest year instead of last month and it should be possible to manually set which year while…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desktop layout

Perhaps an option to move the bars between the catagories ,email headlines and the email preview tab , and a option to change the font to be bigger or smaller or its stile to make it more accessible. A indicator at the bottem left stateing how much space you have left would also be handy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Color scheme should have a toggle, or be controlled from ‘settings’ when logged in (iOS app)

Love the new dark scheme in the updat d iOS app, BUT… many email apps automatically format reply text in blue font by default. This blue text is completely unreadable on the dark grey tutanota background. As far as I can tell, the only way to revert to a white screen is to logout, change the scheme, and log back in. Totally burdensome. Please add a menu bar toggle button, or a color scheme option in settings. Or, better yet, automatically render all darker fonts (not just black) in white or yellow or similar color font when the dark scheme…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search box should search everything. Inbox, outbox, contacts.

Right now the search box only searches the folder you are in. WTF just make it so the search box searches EVERYTHING, doesn't matter where you are. So ridiculous. Also the 1 month limit for non-subscribers is ludicrous.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enable IMAP/POP3 for alternative email services in the desktop client.

I understand that you have reasons for not allowing IMAP/POP3 for Tutanota, probably good security reasons.

How about enabling us to add other email accounts (e.g. GMail) for the desktop clients instead? This will allow us to switch to using Tutanota's desktop client as our daily email driver.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automated email to calendar interface. Google does it Gmail to Google Calendar. Apple does it Mail App to Apple Calendar.

Google does it, Gmail to Google Calendar. Apple does it, Mail App to Apple Calendar. You could do it to your own calendar app or the Google or Apple Calendar app. Make it work on the iPad please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why does Tutanota uppercase my name when I'm signed in to my account?

Why does Tutanota uppercase my name when I'm signed in to my account? My name is My Name, not MY NAME; there is a difference. They can refer to separate entities. Please explain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please release a new phone

I need a private phone, as all of my phones today have been hacked. Need this desperately. Secure enough to avoid foreign powers working with google to view my radio habits or freedom of religion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A way to select all in app

I am new to tutanota. I realized by long holding an email multiple can be selected, but as far as I can tell there is no way to select all. This seems like a feature worth having.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send Again

"I think one of the most underappreciated features of Apple Mail is the “Send Again” command ... Why is this useful, you may ask? Well, it’s a handy way to pass along an email that you’ve already sent without doing a lot of cleanup. I’m sure you’ve noticed that when you forward a message, it by default puts header information in the body of the email and quotes the original text in a different color. When you use “Send Again,” though, it re-creates the message without headers or adding new quote levels. " (from macobserver.com)

I really miss this. If…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. External Identity

There is a _plethora_ of standards for implementing third-party identity management that is *quite* at home in the hosted services ecosystem. However, Tutanota has implemented none of them, including:

- SAML 2.0
    - LDAP/AD
    - OAuth

Which means that systems administrators for serious organizations will refuse to consider Tutanota as a viable alternative to any reputable hosted email provider.

Please consider allowing external authentication to your services!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Impossible d'envoyer des mails !

Bonjour,J'ai crée une adresse mail.
    Mais je n'arrive plus à envoyer un seul mail. Le message suivant s'affiche: "Il semble que vous ayez dépassé le nombre maximal d'emails. Veuillez essayer plus tard."
    Ce qui est étonnant car j'ai pris la formule premium à 1,20€/mois.
    Merci de m'aider à résoudre mon problème, j'ai besoin d'utiliser rapidement cette messagerie ou d'en ouvrir une autre chez un autre fournisseur.
    Merci d'avance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Store password option deactivated, no recovery code was sent, now I'm locked out.

My email always logged in automatically until you switched to the new client, now I can't get in. Please advise a way to restore password without sending me to tutanota.com/contact, which only says to put in the recovery code that I never received.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Accept Bitcoin litecoin ether monero or other altcoins for really more privacy

Accept Bitcoin litecoin ether or for Maximum privacy Level Monero for Payment. Tutanota is good concept but Kredit Card or PayPal is very Low privacy Level.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you very much for creating this request. We are very happy to announce that we have started integrating cryptocurrency support to Tutanota! As a first step, you can now donate to Tutanota with several coins: https://tutanota.com/community#donate

When you donate to Tutanota with cryptocurrencies, we will use this donation not only for developing Tutanota, but also for adding cryptocurrencies as a payment option to Tutanota. Read more on this here: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/cryptocurrency-support

Thank you very much for your support,
    your Tutanota Team

15. Incorporate mixnets

Incorporate mixnets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No access to the old e-mail client ... :(

As above, when loading the app.tutanota.com login page, an automatic redirection occurs to the new e-mail client mail.tutanota.com... So, you no longer have access to the old web client? Earlier I used app.tutanota.com without any problems and now I have a login problem and access to the new mailbox...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More Payment-Options (like Bank-Transfer, Phone-Payment etc.) for Account-Upgrade

... current (from Switzerland) i can only select Paypal and Credit-Card

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement one-click archive

Fairly self-explanatory. Surely the most common thing done with any particular email (more common that Deleting, I would have thought, which has it's own dedicated button).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show option to choose US for Premium subscription, and show total cost before asking for payment information

The costs for supporting Tutanota are only shown in Euros. I would like to know what the prices and total are for US citizens

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Kontakte auf Endgeräte synchronisieren

Es wäre super, wenn es eine Möglichkeit zur Synchronisation der Kontakte gäbe. Dies ist das einzige was fehlt.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base