General

1. Still no anonymous way of payment?

im fairly new to tutanota, but have noticed the community has been asking for an anonymous way of payment and still nothing has happened... hasnt it been years now?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Mark Folder as Read" Button

All of the folders in tutanota, including those that are user created, and the default ones, should have the ability to "mark all in that folder as read"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When adding an account to an existing plan, the account should get its own quotas

I've chatted with support, and it seems as though if I want to add an account to my premium plan, that account will share the same quota with me. The problem I have with this, is that I'm paying for two accounts, but getting the quotas of one account. If I register both accounts separately, it is the same cost (12 Euro/year) but with double the space and aliases (as each account gets its own). This seems to be a disadvantage to adding accounts to an existing plan, and one that is not shared by ProtonMail (who is the other…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Replying to messages

Everytime I reply to a message, why does it send as a seperate email, on Gmail you can reply, but for Tutanota, it sends it as a seperate mail and when the person replies to me I get a seperate email back, this is kinda stupid and I was hoping that Tutanota can fix this issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a semi secure "Send" mode

We can currently send messages that are encrypted between Tutanota accounts, we can send secure messages to recipients on other services with a password, or we can send messages that are stored on servers like gmail in plain text that they can scan. I have a lot of acquaintances that use services like gmail. If they are on gmail they probably don't care enough about security to remember a password to open emails. On the other hand I really don't want my messages stored on gmail's servers just because some of the recipients have gmail accounts.

I would like to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the interface and workflow more explicit, in order to prevent loss of recovery code

I have set a recovery code, and I wanted to check whether one may unset it. Meaning, going back to no recovery code at all. Unless I'm mistaken, this information is not given anywhere.

So I clicked on the Edit icon of Recovery code. A dialog box appeared, with two options : Show, and Update.

So I clicked on Update. You need to give your password, then you get another box with your recovery code. There's no real choice for you there. You can either Copy it (I don't need to, it's already in my password manager), Print it, or…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow switching to dark theme from settings

Currently in new beta version of tutanota the only way to switch to dark theme is using the option in login screen. I think it should be available also inside settings.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Email Subject and Snippet of Body on iOS Push Notifications

I think that if it showed the subject and an excerpt of the body from the email in the iOS Push Notifications, that would be great. It would help out a lot, and help people decide if the email is worth opening Tutanota to check it, which takes a bit of time. I saw a suggestion like this on here, except it was for Android. Is this not possible for iOS? I know some other email providers have this. If this is possible, it would be great to add it. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The update is not correct

After the update was disgusting and not convenient to work in the phone and on the computer. Why it was necessary to spoil the application working correctly I do not understand.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Import contacts through 4.0 VFC format

Your import is based on 3.0 version of VCF format. Plz upgrade to 4.0, which is the version used by many contacts exporter in other clients (like Protonmail for instance).
    Ok: I can edit the .vcf file and replace all "Version:4.0" by "Version:3.0", but this just a bypass

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. accept upgrade to premium via crypto currency mines

just add a button under settings and let it run for a few minutes (crypto currency mines). if you have reached the goal, you have 1 month premium or 1 year.

my friend has a website for blogging and is not funded by advertising. but users can volunteer some computing power for mines (anyone can start it and stop it).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. - ЧТО ЭТО МОЖЕТ ЗНАЧИТЬ :

- ЧТО ЭТО МОЖЕТ ЗНАЧИТЬ : "К сожалению, в настоящее время вы не можете отправлять или получать сообщения (кроме службы поддержки Tutanota), Ваша учётная запись была заблокированна до подтверждения, чтобы избежать злоупотреблений, таких как спам. Пожалуйста, свяжитесь с нами по адресу approval@tutao.de и опишите, для чего вы используете вашу учётную запись электронной почты." ? ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Life time account

Life time account for a one time fee, like linux.com has got for $150 (could be less of course)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An office suite like office.com (microsoft) and google docs.

Please make something like word online, onenote, powerpoint, stuff like that. But they would all be encrypted. That would attract peoples like crazy. I would use it as my primary office suite AND I WOULD PAY FOR PREMIUM AND EVEN GIVE A LITTLE EXTRA IF YOU CAN MAKE THAT. Although this service would be free.
    --
    Best regards for Tutanota,
    @.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excuse me, but all my emails are going to spam folder. What the fuck?

I recently discovered that some emails I sent to banks, job applications, etc never got answered, and then I realize it is in the SPAM folder. What the fuck is the problem with this service?????????

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Desktop Client System Tray

Please give us an option in the desktop client to minimise it to the system tray in order to keep it out of the way while still being open.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base